The Royal Canadian Regiment Museum (RCRM) is committed to protecting its users and their private information.
Definition of Personal Information
According to the Privacy Act, “personal information” is defined as the information about an identifiable individual that is recorded in any form.
Collection of Personal Information
The RCRM may collect first and last names, emails, phone numbers, address. The museum will not request information such as a social insurance number, medical records or service records, etc.
The RCRM may collect information for Gift Shop purchases, the RCRM DIGITAL membership, GOLD BRICK program, financial and/or artefacts donations to the museum.
Any information that is collected will only be used for its stated purpose, is kept for as long as is necessary to complete said purpose, and is protected from theft.
The personal information collected for the purposes above-mentioned will not be disclosed to third parties unless required by law.
Copyright and Reproduction
The content on this website is protected by copyright and trademark law, by Crown copyright protected works managed by National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces and follows the directions set out by DAOD 5040-0, Military History and Heritage.
By accessing http://www.thercrmuseum.ca/en-ca/ internet users agree to the listed terms of service and any applicable laws and regulations.
The RCRM may link third party websites for the convenience of the website user, but the RCRM is not responsible for the contents, information, or reliability of any such website.
The use of any links are at the user’s own risk. As such, the materials on the RCRM website are provided “as is” and without any warranties, expressed or implied.
The RCRM also does not promise any accuracy, results, or reliability of the material on the sites linked and or material in provenance of third parties.
The RCRM is not liable for any damages arising from the inability to use the materials on this website.
The material on this website is permitted for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. As this is not a transfer of title, the internet users may not:
- Modify the materials;
- Use materials for commercial or public display (commercial and non-commercial);
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials;
If any of these restrictions are broken, access to further materials will be terminated.
The information and material on the RCRM website are accessible for personal and private non-commercial use, it may not be reproduced in part or in whole without prior consent of the RCRM.
In the event that the material is used for private research, non-commercial use, we require you to:
- Maintain the accuracy of the materials (do not modify it);
- Identify the RCRM as the owner/source of the materials by using following the statement: “The Royal Canadian Regiment Museum at Wolseley Barracks, London, Ontario.”
- Do not represent the reproduction as the original version, nor as having been affiliated with or endorsed by the RCRM without written permission from the RCRM.
- Notify the RCRM by mail or email and provide a copy or a link of the final product for reference only.
Reproduction in whole or in part of any materials, documents, or anything on this website for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited without the written consent of the RCRM.
The RCRM may at any time modify the statements above-mentioned without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the most current version of these terms.
- As required by the Privacy Act, The Royal Canadian Regiment Museum (RCRM) website outlines what type of information is collected, intended use, responsible staff for collection of information, and contact info in case of inquiries.
- The RCRM also abides by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- In addition, The RCRM complies with DAOD 1002-0 and SOR/83-508.